Welcome to the AWS Serverless Monitoring with AppDynamics workshop! In this workshop, you will gain hands-on experience using AppDynamics to add observability and monitoring to the serverless components of a microservices-based application.
- Understand how AppDynamics can provide observability and monitoring to the serverless components of a microservices application.
- Gain hands-on experience with using AppDynamics Serverless Monitoring for AWS Lambda.
- Learn what is automatically detected in AppDynamics Serverless Monitoring for AWS Lambda.
Who can benefit
- Technical leads
- DevOps teams
- Operations engineers
- Infrastructure teams
The workshop is broken into the sections listed below. Estimated time for completing the workshop is 1.5-2.5 hours.
You may complete the sections for any combination of languages. However, it is highly recommended to complete the following sections: Instrumenting Lambda Functions > Python and Instrumenting Python Lambda Functions > NodeJS
- Prerequisites (5 minutes) Provision a Cloud9 instance and validate.
- Setup (15 minutes) Install necessary tooling to complete the lab and configure access to AppDynamics.
- Workshop Exercises (30-120 minutes) Add and configure AppDynamics Serverless Monitoring for AWS Lambda
- Instrument Python Lambda Functions (30 minutes) Add monitoring to functions written in Python.
- Instrument NodeJS Lambda Functions (30 minutes) Add monitoring to functions written in NodeJS.
- Instrument Java Lambda Functions (60 minutes) Add monitoring to functions written in Java.